St. Monica’s “Beans and Rice Ministry” is an outreach ministry to our community.
We give away dried pinto beans and rice, which are healthy sources of protein. Additionally, when available, we include a variety of canned food.
Once a month, our parishioners package the gifts of food, in preparation for distribution on the last Saturday of the month. Our youth are often involved with this ministry and are learning the lesson of helping their neighbor.
Please join us!
Here’s how you can help!
- Help package food items once a month
- Volunteer to help distribute food on Beans and Rice the last Saturday of the month
- Donate supplemental food items, such as canned fruit, peanut butter, canned chicken, canned tuna, canned vegetables
- Donate your spare plastic grocery bags
- Make a financial contribution. Checks may be made payable to St. Monica’s Episcopal Church with the notation of “Beans and Rice” on the memo line.